We are currently looking for the following items:
- Shirts (short and long sleeve) for girls aged 3 to age 18.
- Shirts (short and long sleeve) for boys aged 5 to age 18.
- Pajamas for both boys and girls aged 3 and older
- Underwear for girls of all ages
- You can also purchase Gift Cards for local stores where we can also purchase the necessary items that are needed at any particular time. Any gift card donations will be used to purchase specific items for Backpacks of Love.
We ask that all donated clothing items are new. If you were a child being removed from your home and entering foster care, imagine the excitement of receiving new items as you begin an new and uncertain journey. And, would you want to receive a stranger's worn clothing? While we ask for new items, they do not have to be expensive items. The clothing you see on sale or on clearance at Walmart, Target, etc, is perfect. We'd rather have five $5 shirts instead of one $25 shirt.
Once you have purchased a few items, you have several options to get them to The Blue Ribbon Project and to get them into Backpacks of Love:
- Bring them to Fence and Deck Connection for their 11th Annual Holiday Drive! Not only will this be a fun filled family event, volunteers from The Blue Ribbon Project will be on hand to accept incoming donations of clothing and other items. You can find more information on this event on This Page...
- Swing by The Blue Ribbon Project's Crownsville Location (45 Community Place, Crownsville) on December 11th from 1:00 pm until 5:00 pm. We will be having a volunteer day that day and you are more than welcome to swing by to drop off your donations and to see some of the "behind the scenes" stuff with our organization.
- Visit any of our convenient Drop Off Locations listed on This Page...
Thank You again for your continued support of The Blue Ribbon Project. Your help is greatly appreciated and it truly makes a difference to the children who receive a Backpack of Love.