In order to prepare for Trauma & Resilience- What’s your Role, please review the following materials and video clips shown below prior to the training. This will allow us to jump right into a discussion with a shared understanding of some of the basics we will be discussing. The following steps are in order as needed.
1. First, please complete this ACES questionnaire (prior to watching the videos below). This is not something you have to turn in to us and your answers will remain private, other than what you wish to share during the program.
2. Watch this ACES Ted Talk video
3. Complete this resilience questionnaire after watching the ACES Ted Talk Video. Again, this is not something you have to turn in to us and your answers will remain private, other than what you wish to share during the program.
This second video is "Love is Never Wasted" (the third in a series of videos entitled “Removed”). Please jot down some notes while watching the video regarding the following questions so we can discuss your observations together as a group.
- What trauma occurred in the video?
- For Kevi?
- For his mom?
- For the foster family?
- Identify any trauma-responsive behaviors you observed.
- What did the adults do to support Kevi in the midst of these trauma responses?